Thursday, January 19, 2012

If Lucas can be snubbed....wow! :O



Read this article from the New York Times-
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/magazine/george-lucas-red-tails.html?_r=3

Was shocked that the creator of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and ILM (among other things) could be rejected so badly at this stage of his career. I know that I have some criticisms of his work, but... damn! Hearing that he had to pay for EVERYTHING on his new feature "Red Tails"- including prints, is incredibly shocking to me.

I'm not sure how to take this... that even the biggest of us can be forgotten and dismissed- either can be encouraging or depressing to those who want to see something they've created get picked up.

Still...
I wouldn't feel too sorry for George. I think he'll be ok. And better off than 99% of us, for sure...

Plus-
He could always make another Star Wars movie, if he's hard up for cash....

No comments: