Well...What AM I working on/ planning to?
In an ideal world, I'd GO to art school/ writing school/ film school, but this ain't an ideal world. Just gotta dive in and pay the bills at the same time. So-
* I'm in post production of "Vangelis", a "Buffy/ Angel" fan film parody.
Here's a link to a rough trailer I had to rush out to coincide with a news release:
In the meantime, I also put up clips of an aborted 'prequel parody' I was working on:
"Muffin the Turtle Killer":
What's annoying (like drawing) is that no matter how far I feel like I get, there's always SOOO much more that one realizes one doesn't know.
Soon, I have to edit the 'making of's that I want to be totally honest on what it's like to create something with a mostly- one person crew and very little cash.
* Master of Kung Fu: the lost years..... I'm SOOO freaking excited about doing this, ever since Gulacy/ Moench made the 'five years later' miniseries (which was a giant disappointment sadly)--- but in a way, I'm glad that there won't be a 'reboot' completely due to Marvel not wanting to pay royalties to the Sax Rohmer estate for the rights to use FuManchu.
I have had so many ideas for fan comics for these.... and what a great op to write/draw (and get better hopefully) if I write/draw monthly episodes for a five year arc. Will it succeed? Personally, it might, and that's all I can really focus on. I never was good at inking, and I have not been drawing steadily. These will force me.
* A 'serious' Buffy fan comic in collaboration with another writer. Easy ... sorta. I still need to draw it all.
* A script to enter into Cinequest this year.
* Finishing post production on "Vangelis" for hopeful entry into San Diego for next year.
Ough. There aren't enough hours in a day.
But every day is a gift, yah?